Thursday, April 26, 2012

Notes

Using intuition rather than science, made an interesting tea of soil acidifier, fish poop, and SuperThrive which I fed to all of the big pots and rectangular planters along the handrail. Need to feed the ferns and burle marx over the next few days. I'll plan on this feeding once a month with very light liquid feed in between, with some regular ole water somewhere in there.

Still soaking the potato tree branches in SuperThrive, I should have soaked one in plain water and the other in SuperThrive. They are busting out all over. It would be good to know if it's just an agressive grower responding to some sun, or if SuperThrive is actually the miracle vitamin boost claimed.

This might look REALLY good in a pot on my terrace. Supposed to be fairly pest free.
Acalypha wilkesiana 'Godseffiana' an old Florida classic aka "Curly Ruffle"
Slightly blurry, but I've always enjoyed the contrasting textures.


No comments:

Post a Comment