Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cat on a hot tin roof

I'm coming up on my 4th year anniversary of this blog and I can't say I've ever sat and written a post sitting in the garden. I'll tell you, imaginary reader, the here and now. It's been very hot lately, well into the mid 90s and no rain for the past week(ish). 7:20P EST and we're securely in the upper 80's and are wrapped in 75-85% humidity. I have to stay out of the direct sun, my custodials do not . As long as they have some moisture so they're able to transpire, they're ok. There is a warm, salty breeze coming off of the ocean tonight which makes sitting out pleasant.

Some of my recent efforts at mounting:
Den. Aggregatum 'Green Elf' x Den Aggregatum 'Yellow Velvet' --from home depot

Oncidium Apliatum a central american species-- from home depot

No comments:

Post a Comment