Saturday, October 4, 2014

Candy darlings!

Yes sir, ruby red. 

I've been looking for some dead-on-red bougainvillea for a while. Today, I stumbled onto a few gallons at Living Color Nursery on Griffin Road. $14.95 per. I need to research the specific species from which reds are descendant.







Looking West over the middle handrail. Coral and yellow bougainvillea behind column. Jack Fruit and Bleeding Heart in foreground.  I think I'll throw one of the reds over the center rail. 

Please turn to page 176 of The Golden Age of American Gardens, Mac Griswold and Eleanor Wellor. Addison Mizner's Palm Beach garden for Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Kay takes my breath away. BTW, This is a must have book for every gardener's library. You can pick one up for cheap on Amazon. 406 pages of exquisite gardens-- Joan Didion wrote respectful review in the NY Times, of course Joan got it right-  it is indeed a most beautiful reflection of this period of our country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment