Monday, May 11, 2015

Tropical agogity

I caved and bought large 24" underliners for 5 of the large containers. Definitely not the most elegant look, but I feel much more comfortable giving them long draughts of water. Summertime has arrived in zone 10b and not a whole lot of rain so far, but a few storms are beginning to roll in. I'm out of town right now ( in the bosom of the Blue Ridge Mountains-- the clarity of the cool air and bright green of the trees is medicinal), I can only hope that everyone can hold tight for 4 more days.
The first real storm of the summer season brought with it the hot, humid tropical air. The sea grapes were agog -- the MiracleGro probably helped. Puce colored leaves which quickly become the size of bread plates are beginning to cover trunks / branches.

I purchased a drip irrigation kit from Gardner's Supply, the 25' 1/4" main feed tube looked like a green garden hose, blah blah blah. I sent it back unopened, they have a very friendly return policy, I would feel very comfortable ordering from them again. However, I want to try to piece together a custom kit, that will allow complete discretion in its placement (is this correct English?).

No comments:

Post a Comment