Sunday, April 24, 2016

Place Bougainville

Found some 4lb bags of organic worm castings on lunch break at Flamingo Road Nursery$7 I remember them seeming a lot pricier on-line so I picked some up. Tried to make a tea overnight but it didn't dissolve and made muddy heaps which I had to flush into the soil. Better to add to top soil and work and water in. Bought fish emulsion same trip, I thought I was buying seaweed but it was fish. Smells rather taint-like.. now this you can make a tea out of, a right stinky tea. Probably loved by all.

New growth on the rose. Trimmed down sternly after first flush.. it tried to send out a water sprout below graft, which I pinched off immediately, nothing allowed below graft. It gets 4 hours of sun more or less. I've sprinkled a little Bayer Feed and Protect and watered in, keeping a little water in saucer that can be wicked up.. coaxing roots down? It's in a 3 gal pot, I'd like to leave it there.

New growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment