Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teetering on the shortest day of 2011

The projected high tomorrow  26.67C. Warm temps and short days. The tropical winter. The new Vietnamese gardenia is flowering and is perfuming the terrace, when there's a break from the ocean breeze. The b. 'Caribbean Corsair' looks happy as a clam after it's transplanting. Now just have to let it grow.

The begonia 'Caribbean Corsair' is a hybrid from Tim Anderson of Palm Hammock Orchid Estate, my favorite nursery. It has a FANTASTIC collection of begonias. The best nursery

 I've been putting some overtime at work and I'm going to reward myself with a big pot o' rhizomatous begonia. I don't understand my enchantment with rhizomatous begonias, but I'm a goner. 

From Left; U402 (shrub like) , Little Fred (rhizome), PHOE's Cloe (rhizome) 


A Christmas tree from the Permian Age (Fairchild Botanic Garden, Photo me)
From a very old family, one of the first colonizers of terrestrial habitats

2 comments:

  1. Just wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is just great and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.
    [url=http://acnetreatments250.blinkweb.com/]Acne medication[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. The only expertise I have is that of not being an expert.

    Perhaps my love of trying to garden and my curious imagination can be of use to you.

    ReplyDelete