Saturday, January 18, 2014

How long can this keep going on ..

We have had several cold nights dipping down into the upper 40's, No immediate casualties, though the renanthera is loosing it's bottom leaves. They are turning yellow and dropping off. Otherwise everyone looks fine. Even the burly marx usually quite cold sensitive didn't looked bothered, as Catherine Tate would say. I don't like going off topic, no matter how boring, but I worship Catherine Tate. What a fucking liberty!

Went to RF Orchids today. Was tempted by a huge pot of papilionanthe teres offered at $250. The Fort Lauderdale orchid show is going on, so I held off.

Like I said, I have to get out the sawzall and cut out the bamboo of my beautiful pot and get the sea grape going. The goal being to get a substantial bonsai'd tree for the vandas to be tied to. Might take the palm across the terrace down and have sea grapes on both sides..

Nylon sand bags have been suggested to block the drains.

I love orange flowers

Big swinging roots

A very grand hallway

No comments:

Post a Comment