Sunday, May 25, 2014

Clean at last, clean at last thank god all mighty.. clean at last


Once the home of a buddha
How do you get a potted bamboo out of a pot. Didn't think I was going to get this one clear of the steel rhizomes of a mature clump of buddha belly bamboo. I cut the culms down to the soil, and got up as much root as I could with the Sawzall.  Poured 'stump out' on the visible rhizomes. Covered the exposed roots with black trash bags. Repeated this about 2 months later. Two months later, I began working on the roots again. the main root ball just wasn't giving. It was still hard wood..But I began working around the edge of the pot and was able to loosen and begin removing roots (not rhizomes) and soil. I was able to clear soil from around the root ball, it began to give. No cutting necessary. Dig, dig, dig. I had about 10 garbage bags of soil and root by the time I was done. Need to clean it up some,

No comments:

Post a Comment