Saturday, August 20, 2011

Night blooming cereus for the masonry

[dragon fruit climbing]



Leonard brought me a huge chunk of his night blooming cereus. It will go right up the outside wall. The virginia creeper was  never able to get a grip. I'm going to clear out a pot or two and get this experiment under way.

Went to Living Color nursery this pm. They usually have a few nice rhizomatous begonias to choose from. Not today.  I am very happy to say that the nurseryman that helped me said the rhizomatous begonias all looked horrible because of the very high humidity and frequent rains and had been taken away. I'm not alone.

Living Color has an extensive selection of plants and the plantsmen working there are knowledgeable. It isn't the cheapest. Saw a great looking papaya about 6' with huge fruit on it. It wasn't in a very large pot, but had a big trunk - nice proportions.

Here is my cactus and creeping fig in a square planter that I love. Up, up and away? 




No comments:

Post a Comment