Saturday, June 9, 2012

The 12th Step in the garden

"having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these plants, we carried cuttings to friends..."

Gifted recently potted cuttings of variegated oak leaf croton to my gardening compadre, A.M., an old friend from NYC. We went on a jaunt in search of Macho ferns. I knew just the nursery which is on the service road parallel to Flamingo Road. NOT Flamingo Road Nursery which I only go to as a last resort. Though I have bought some nice large planters there.. Maybe I'm being too harsh. My nursery is wholesale-like in terms of there pricing. We bought nice size Macho's $6  for 3 gal pots. Also purchased was a beautiful dark green alocasia (shade) for $7. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the place. But, if you get on the service road at Flamingo Gardens and head north, it is the first nursery you'll come to. Don't miss the bromeliades by the check out shed in the front. VERY GOOD deals. I bought my achmea 'Zebrina Surprise' there for $25. That size plant could have easily run $75 or more elsewhere.  

Hot and humid down this way. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment