Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dried ox blood and bone meal - food for soil

After days of rain, one sunny day has put a major wilt on several of the plants. I spread some Plant Tone 2 days ago hoping the rain would soak the food deep into the soil. The rain dried up as soon as I fertilized, I waited a day to water in deeply-- I was afraid that I might have burned some roots but after a deep hose drench today after work, things began to look up. The potato tree, from a flacid, drooping mess of thorns and shredded leaves (the wind has been blowing 30+ mph) has begun to regain it's erection. 
As soon as I finished watering it began pouring again. The bone meal and dried blood I think have been well massaged into the soil. 

Where are you now exuberant Moscovites? Keep us posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment