Saturday, June 30, 2012

The garbage bag

Yesterday, sweeping up the damage from the windy torrents of last week, I pulled out a large garden garbage bag. I stuffed in the prickly bougainvillea branches that had been pruned, dead leaves and other flotsam.

A large garden bag on the terrace does strange things to me. I become inclined to take advantage of it's utility and size-- I began pruning the gardenia. A little on top, a little on the sides. Why not take it down a bit so it will grow in full and in nice form for the slower winter months? The trimming became uneven. It had to be corrected on the left, then the right, on the top around the bottom. It is now a forlorn skeleton of it's former full, glossy self. It will grow back. In a year, it will again, most likely, have regained it's lustre. For now, however, it is slightly melancholic.

An interest caterpillar was knocked from the underside of the leaves. It was quite large and of a light jade color. I have a feeling it's the beginning of a Lunar moth. there are not too many catepilers of that size and color. It DID NOT like being on the ground--nor being picked up. I tossed him under the orange tree into thick, green shade. I don't care if he chomps around. Lunar months are not to be taken lightly. 



Which lunar cycles does my jade green moth belong to? those of the Galilean moons?  

No comments:

Post a Comment