Saturday, January 5, 2013

Siberia

oh child, say that belly isn't so! 
In the middle of winter here. Chilled to the bone, I slapped on my ushanka and took a sled to the tennis court. 

No time this past work week to do much in the garden. Sprinkled a little Plant Dynamite to keep those bellies from getting too small. The days haven't grown cold enough to stop growth, though I'm sure the shortness of daylight hours probably tells everyone the time of year. But for the most part, this is the magical land where annuals can become perennials, and where the blooming can continue through all 4 quarters of the year. 

I'll post some pics of the newly planted bougies in the large square planter on center handrail. On the other side of said handrail, where the other large square planter will go.. I'm thinking about something other than bougainvillea.. maybe something .. I'll keep you posted.



l'orangerie
Here is the new large square planter on left side of center handrail. Another like will be on other end, though I'm not sure what will be planted there. You may think that this is the orange/coral combo I've written about fairly recently. It's not, it's more of the elegant color combo. The wart fern will crawl up and over, and begin to hide the fiberglass planter ($90 at Home Depot). They aren't bad looking but always best to have foliage hide the container if you ask me-- which you probably didn't.





The lush life

No comments:

Post a Comment