Sunday, February 24, 2013

The promised kiss of springtime

Very warm day today. Well into the 80's. The late pm cooled somewhat. Got outside by about 3pm to finally pot bamboo palm. I had a handsome square planter hanging around which I pressed into use. One large rhizome in the pot was hanging loose, so I planted it separately. It is against the east wall and has shelter from morning sun, overhead sun from the palm fronds and by 2 or so, the sun goes behind the roof of portico. Another experiment on what can be grown where. More later on this.

Soft evening cotton
Flamingo Road Nursery is having a 30% off sale on large pots, a lot of which are very handsome 25-30" big boys for $200. Didn't buy today, but I have Thursday off (my 51st birthday) and I'll go and celebrate.
The center handrail



No comments:

Post a Comment