Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rollercoaster

Temperatures sputtering into the 50's for the next few nights.  Hopefully we'll get some sun during the days to offset the cooling. So far we have a grey morning sitting on top of us. I have a day off of work, which, because it's a weekday, will make driving to the 2 nurseries I'm planning to visit much easier. First to Living Color as they have a nice selection of healthy vines, then to Flamingo Road Nursery as they are having a 30% off sale on large pots. I'm taking the dog so I can't go to J Durkos.


Creme de la creme
I'm thinking of replacing a 22" plastic pot, now filled with a pretty orange bougie and a scrappy plumeria, with a 22" glazed ceramic in which I can plant a vine of sufficient strength to withstand the 4th storied elements-- as well as a shrub, maybe like the heirloom grafted gardenia that found itself in the back of my Prius recently, the flower of which will perfume a room with a heady, sweet fragrance for days.


Back from the nurseries.
 New french blue pot, xanadu in front of large stephanotis vine for the west handrail


No comments:

Post a Comment