Saturday, July 20, 2013

My new Selph

Visited Jesse Durko's nursery SW70 Ave off of Griffin. What the hell happened to his begonias? I was disappointed in the little he had in stock. However.. he does have some nice beds of rhizomatous begonias. I found 1 pot of Caribbean Queen, I had given him a rhizome of it several years ago, can't help but wonder if I was buying my own plant back. My favorite sales engineer was speeding around in the golf cart, but stopped long enough to cut me a deal: I got a 6" piece of a Selph's Mahogany rhizome (from a plant in the ground) and the Caribbean Queen, both for $6.50--all the cash I had on me. Sweet.


Upright rhizomatous begonia 'Selph's Mahogany'. It got a clean fresh cut on the rhizome, dipped in rooting hormone and gave it some nice potting soil, full of organic material. .

Caribbean queen, simple but very special during bloom time.

No comments:

Post a Comment