Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tropical moisture -- flooding

It's been raining. Quite rainy. The assorted crew in the newly planted rectangular planter all show nascent growth. One of which I'm very please to say in b. Arte Hodes who is obviously happy to be alive. I've planted a number of cuttings around. I have one pot dedicated just to Artey. It is very exciting to find a begonia that's aggressive--tough enough to grow in my garden. As you know b. U402 is a favorite as well. I'm boring I know and I repeat myself. But I love my plants and my plants love me.

In my evening turn in the garden;  what a great idea it was to plant a cheap Mexican pot with philodendron Burle Marx --the low wide-mouth pot, about 20" diameter.  Plant in with rich soil, let it grow. It is programmed to form a BIG mound of shiny green leaves that will overflow it's pot, rather like one of Dolly Parton's wigs. Great bang for the buck. It takes sun (if the soil is kept somewhat moist), wind, salt air. SCROLL DOWN..



b. orococo
 
definitely ready for a close up
Go here: http://absastro.tripod.com/ now or forever hold your rhizome
 


No comments:

Post a Comment