Sunday, February 6, 2011

Keeping Everyone Hydrated

Going on a 7 night cruise next week. We've decided not to have anyone come over and water. If my cat went out while they were watering.. nightmare. I had purchased a kilo of the watersorb crystals on the web, I punched holes in the soil and filled them partially up with the crystals, topped the hole off with soil and gave it a nice packing down. On the larger pots, I used a broom handle to make the holes. A good many of the pots I won't need to worry about. I'll give them a hard soak the day we leave, they be fine. It'll be a good test to see how the garden holds up without help during the week. The rhizomatous pots will be fine. The Carribean Queen I'll push under the papaya for a little shade. I mulched around almost everything today, except the cane begonias, a good mulching always make things look clean and tidy.

I trimmed the purple bougainvilla fairly hard, it'll bring out a nice full flush of flowers (bracts). 

I moved a good many of the pots so I could get in and mulch. Swept a lot of fallen leaves / flowers.

I've place b.'Dopey' in front of one of the columns, next to the miniture Italian cypress,  it will get intermittent sun and not be under the eves where the water falls the hardest.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment