Saturday, February 12, 2011

passing days

2/09/2011

Low seventies and humid this morning. It was supposed to rain, I moved some begonias. I have to learn to leave them alone! When it rains the water off the eves can be torrential and could overwhelm a begonia. The plants I moved were plants I wanted to dry out, there was a reason for the move. Not much else happening. The begonia group I'm a member of on Yahoo are trying to find seeds for some species begonias. Very serious posts. I am not that type of grower. A gardener in Palm Springs invited me to visit her garden.

Getting ready for the cruise leaving on Saturday, I'll figure out something.

I'll have to get some of the auquasorb out of the plants when I get back. I sprinkled some over some of the plants, like the bamboo grass and although it's not visible, it is at the base of leaves above the root ball which might cause some trouble like weighing down the grass.

2/11/2011

Didn't spend much time out this morning. Pulled out the large banana on the west side and put a tall cane and Selph's under it for shelter from sun and rain. I'm going to use the papaya on the other end of the terrace for dappled shade.


2/12/2011
Raining, temp in the 50's! Brought in the plants I think would dry out quickly outside when it gets warmer in the next few days. I'd like to leave them out in the sunny humidity but temps in the 80's even if humid would require some watering. Have to trim back some overgrowth of the Mexican Hat in the blood orange pot. Sweep up and maybe give bamboo torrential watering. Packing for cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment