Sunday, May 8, 2011

4" 's of selph and dopey

The potting mix was dry on top today and still damp down below. I'll just have to wait and see if it works won't I?  The clay pot will also have a lot to do with the moisture level.

I've put the newly potted selph's and a 4" of  Dopey in the gardenia pot, underneath the the umbral of the leaves. It hasn't grown in enough to block all the sun- but enough to keep the babies from burning.

I have to say that b. " PHOE's Dopey" is my hero. What a beautiful little workhorse. and the leaves are just getting more beautiful as are PHOE's Cloe-- The new leaves coming out are really georgeous-- bright lime, a delicious color.

Getting rid of the aurelia, horrible plant. Working on getting a Clerodendrum Quadriloculare (from a generous friend) which will hopefully appreciate hot sun and will be a little more insect resistant than the aurelia-- which reminded me of the maple leaf copper  plants which are very prone to pests.

No comments:

Post a Comment