Monday, May 23, 2011

A thousand dancing angels on the head of a pin

My begonia seeds arrived today; B. carrieae Ziesenhenne and B. kenworthyae Ziesenhenne. I prepared the little plastic seed starter kit with warm water etc. 

The seeds were so small that it was pretty much impossible to pick them up and drop onto damp peat starter tablet.

I have no idea whether I was successful or not. I tried. I put on the top to the little greenhouse and stored on top of a high cabinet near the window, safely out of direct light.

Who would have known.

b. Gryphon was quite dry and wilted when I got home. A nice "gro bath" seemed to perk it right up. Transplanted euphorbia shrub (black leaves small white pom pom flowers) into square pot that the banana was in. Looks good there. It had to come out of the terracota pot which was sucking the moisture out of the soil. I'm going to have to do something with the flame vine pot as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment