Monday, May 9, 2011

Gulf high

High in the Gulf bringing in hot dry air. I'm not sad about that. I love watering, i love rinsing, spritzing, watering in.  Part of me goes in with the water into the soil.

Here are some painful lessons, that perhaps you've avoided simply by reading and following directions.

Please, for me, my imaginary readers:

Don't over fertilize. Even if your using a mild organic fertilizer. It will cause irregular, unhealthy growth, it will discolor your leaves.

My massive application of Espoma created a hard, crust on the top soil in the bamboo pot. It will break up with time and the soil will be rich.

Something very troubling; brown spots on the edges of the ricinifolia leaves. This may simply be sun burn on a wet leaf- better this than a fungus or rot.

This is a challening time for the terrace. Perhaps it's simply the changes going into summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment