Monday, June 13, 2011

Giving it away

They say you can't keep it unless you give it away- and the cuttings, that are starting to multiply in little pots can now be my gifting fodder. I took a nice little pot of Sophie Cecile to a neighbor who complained that she had 'no light' on her terrace. She was very grateful and it made me feel that my propagation  efforts are not in vain.

The neighbor's terrace by the way does get some sun, she admitted after some questioning. I asked her to note the hours of sun and shade that hits the terrace- i don't think she works so that ought to be doable.
Bleeding heart is a good candidate for her I think, color, coverage of handrails, etc.

A new neighbor moved in 2 doors east of us. His terrace had the same dimensions as mine, but looks dead on into a straggle of power lines. I don't know if he rents or owns but he drives a very expensive car. If I ever get a chance to talk to him I'd like to make the case for planted screens for the view--- and me doing the designing and planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment