Sunday, June 26, 2011

Heracleifolia and plants that rot

It occurred to me reading about begonia heracleifolia, which grows on the ground, in the trees and on the mayan temples in Chiapas-- plants rot and die. If it rains a good deal, plants rot, die and fertilize the ground for more plants to come. that's the cycle. Plants exposed to the elements are subject  No wonder that they should do the same despite my best efforts on the terrace. I have to let go and let the plants live or die as they will. I can't move them out of the rain to avoid them getting too wet. I can try to keep them in some shade, but once placed--

Once placed, an eye should be kept to burning in the sun or drying out too much, but rain and wind. I'll have to turn it over. If they don't make it, that's that. Focus on those that will, I hope there will be some begonias that will be able to be cultivated, gardening on my terrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment