Saturday, October 15, 2011

Disarray, the best time to clean house



In disarray, but a good time to clean
You can see from the picture below, that the bougainvillea would not get enough direct sun if I pleached it in the middle of the wall, because of the bamboo. I'll have to leave it in pretty close to the corner. It might be pretty to clean the lower part of the plant almost in topiary form. The top spray of branches can be held in place with fishing line and eye hooks. Ideally, I'd simply untie fish line and lift it into new pot. I'll probably have to lay on it's side, unpot, and the lift into new pot. Long sleeved shirt and protective glasses are in order here. 

With bamboo to the left, it would not receive enough sun
positioned in the middle of the wall. 

The shrimp plant is coming into bloom too


I watered and fed both of the bougainvilleas today with Bougain, which costs a little more, but it seems to keep them happy. I feed fairly often when they are in bloom and they stay fairly floriferous. The purple shrub is the big bloomer. From now until the spring rains, it goes through flushes and the entire plant seems to be purple brackets. 

I'm pleased with fairly hearty growth of the creeping fig and cereus. Where I've planted the fig, it's heading for the wall to grab hold and climb. I'll post a picture of the cactus beginning to send out the clinging rootlets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment