Friday, October 14, 2011

Work to do-- tomorrow.



A lot of work to do tomorrow. There's the re-potting of the bougainvillea, the bromeliade J Zinn, a macho fern. I received a cutting of trumpet vine from my friend Adrian's garden on Fire Island. I've got a large terracotta pot that's going to be available, I think I'll pot new macho fern and trumpet vine together and find a nice place against a wall for the vine to climb. 

REMEMBER-- paint the inside of your terracotta pots with roof tar. The south Florida sun just won't allow unglazed clay. The soil dries out in 10 minutes.

The cereus is getting a grip on the walls. It is very exciting. Although I am expecting uneven growth, it's a totally different creature than creeping fig, it should be an interesting wall cover-- especially when in bloom.

Another picture from the folio. A lonely looking spot for such a monument. Perhaps a tombstone for some forgotten prince.

Templo de los sueños, romantico, pero no es tropical.

No comments:

Post a Comment