Saturday, October 22, 2011

You better WORK !



Before 
I had on my London Fog rain coat, rubber gloves and glasses to move this barb wire booby trap.

The root structure was interesting, mostly a dried thatch-like ball of capillaries. Pigheaded, I didn't wait for help in getting it out of the pot. I scooped out soil from around the sides of the pot. In trying to pull the pot off of the root ball, I lost about 5-6" off of the bottom. There were about 6"-7"or more left. It went in firmly into it's new home. The trellis provided support. I tossed a 1/2 bag of lava rock around the ball as I was filling around it with soil.

The next few days will tell all in terms of this pretty boy surviving my clumsiness.

After

 Now, I have a beautiful fairly large yellowish-brown glazed pot that's been freed up to use. Tricky business integrating another pot. It is a narrow beam to balance upon-- to be able to plant in a very handsome pot or to crowd the eye and foot on the terrace.

With dirty hands and feet, dirt under my fingernails, I remain your

Zone10b Terrace Gardener

No comments:

Post a Comment