Saturday, May 26, 2012

Into the frying pan

Giant potato leaf with shoe for scale
I wear size 10
The good thing about the newly arrived, arrestingly hot weather, is that I loose at least a pound on the tennis court due to profuse sweating-- 10A off the courts. The downside.. it's too hot to garden past early morning, or before the gloaming.

Nothing to show today. The highlight in the garden will be spot watering where needed. I've been making special 'enhanced' water for some; I made a mix of copper fungicide (a squirt) and a cap full of SuperThrive for the solanum macranthum. Mixed in some acidifier in for jasmine and bleeding heart. The bamboo is curling it's leaves to slow transpiration, I'll give it a good drink. It's probably time for some food for that boy.

Mini bracts on this bougie
good for bonsai
Saw some beautiful mature bougainvillea bonsai at Richard Lyons Nursery last week. I had bought a bougie there on an earlier visit with a 5-6" diameter trunk approximately 8" high trunk. It had small branches coming out of top and sides. I need to study how to choose which branches to cut off and which to keep and groom.


No comments:

Post a Comment