Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Love saves the day

Below, please enjoy seeing a philodendron (planted in a large pot with my blood orange tree) climbing up the wall, intertwining it's clinging roots with creeping fig. I think it's imperative to grow vines on the walls of a garden. If, of course, your condominium will allow it. There are work arounds if not. I'm not  sure how high up the wall the wind will allow the philodendron to climb, but it's wonderful to see for myself the ability of particular types of philodendrons to cling tightly to boring, hard, hot masonry. Cover your garden walls. I now have night-blooming cereus, creeping fig and this philo currently. More to come.

Cooling green softens hard concrete
 In the midst of hurricane strength power poles, aging strip malls, and factory roofs. I am ever so grateful for the generosity and comfort this oasis has shown me.
 The terrace after 2 years. Again, notice creeping fig and night-blooming cereus under the light at left, vines allow the masonry to be incorporated into the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment