Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ribs 'n cobbler

Perfect weather for outdoor dining in S FL now. I have a number of loose ends I need to tie up before setting the table. I had hoped to get up early enough to beat the sun and water everyone. But I didn't and then had to play tennis so here I am now midday. I have a few empty pots that need to be cleaned and put away. Keeping the terrace clear of unused containers or any other inanimate objects that distract from plants is imperative, though not always so easy in the workaday life. Moved around some of the begonias, vacuumed, did some spot watering to help out some wilting leaves. The garden was certainly presentable.

Exhausted from cleaning house and garden. But having eaten the tenderest baby back ribs, corn muffins, sweet potatoes, cole slaw-- and then some peach blueberry cobbler. (The fruit was perfectly ripe. Chile is putting out the most delicious winter peaches). It was worth every scrub of toilet, floor and after dinner pot. The evening air was cool and the sunset turned into two sweet candles on the table.

More later..

Lime is a refreshing color. I'll find name and post asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment