Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The truth of the matter

PS. Arte Hodes is still alive. Green leaves appearing.


Writing here, I generally want to post my photos of a healthy, happy terrace. I am embarrassed to publish the obituaries of my victims. Their number is so great, I wouldn't be able to count them on 10 or more hands. This is especially true of my efforts with begonias. As I've lamented many times before here, part of the problem is the harsh environment of an exposed terrace, a good part is due to my impatience. Part of the problem is due to my not following the advice of the many thousands that have gone before me.

I'm writing this with a heavy heart as b. 'Arte Hodes' and my 'Selph Mahogany' have passed. They were killed by my reckless repotting -- shocked to death. At one point they were full, beautiful plants. Now they are gone. I loved both of these begonias. I am going to buy mature plants the next visit to Palm Hammock.

I am too enchanted with begonias to give up on trying to grow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment