Thursday, February 2, 2012

Baby food

Superthrive Nutrients and Additive Size: 2 Ounces

I've always been intrigued by the retro label on the plant food "Superthrive". It makes rather hyperbolic claims to increased plant health and growth. I've ordered 2 4oz bottles that I found on Amazon for $5.00 ea plus $7 shipping, cheaper than the nursery I think. Reading reviews of the product, there were people coming down on both sides: it's snake oil, it's a miracle. We shall see.

Also came across some very positive comments on seaweed emulsion as a plant food. I'll go to home depot over the weekend and pick some up. I need to exercise restraint in my dosings. Easy does it (but do it).

It's important to feed potted plants. I'll report my findings on these two food additives (they are meant to augment regular fertilization not replace it).

No comments:

Post a Comment