Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Daylight savings

Sweet morning, I got up at 7:30 a to a 6:30 a sunrise. Treat.

I'm pleased with how everything is looking this morning. The bamboo umbral is a very dense ball of green-- heavy dose of Espoma citrus? The durantas are both looking fiesty and have the little grapes on the branch tips that will soon become purple sprays. The begonias all look happy, of course Irene N. and Sophie C. still are adjusting to thier pruning. The newly transplanted b. 'China Boy' didn'nt skip a beat. Perky and upright in it's pot, no wilting, leaf or bloom loss. As to Cloe and Little Red, They look good and I just have to leave them to their growing! I've posted a pic of the giant liriope in the urn and the newly repotted China B.

 Reading pieces of The Art of South Florida Gardening by Harold Songdahl and Coralee Leon. A lot of pertinent information. I especially liked the chapter on fertilizing.  Oolite and marl are some of my favorite words now. 

Also browsing Stan DeFreitas' The Complete Guide to Florida Gardening it's like looking at the old Sear's catalogue.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment