Friday, April 1, 2011

Marching past the vernal equinox

The vernal equinox slipped by 10 days ago. I'm sure the plants noticed. My clock is set to observe the summer solstice on 6/21-- which we are racing toward. kind of a climactic day of the growing year,the longest day. July, Aug, Sept are big months too due to the wallop of heat and rain.

there is a strange browning around the edges of a few of Cloe's palmate leaves. It doesn't look systemic nor like an insect. It looks like light burn of some type. I wonder if salt build-up would do this? I'll post a pic to the yahoo begonia group. I've meant to post a pic of an unidentified rhizome i've had for a while too. I've tucked a few nodules of Dopey into Cloes pot, the first is putting out a strong leaf so we're good. Plants like other plants. There's nothing more lonely looking than a single plant in a yard or on a terrace. They were not mean to grow alone.

Cloudy with heavy warm air. Humidity feels in the 80%'s clouds coming from the west.

A question that needs to be answered: can Chalice Vine grow up masonry without support. Everything I've read so far indicates that it's an aerial root. Research.

No comments:

Post a Comment