Friday, April 22, 2011

New clay pots

It was a clear day- hot in the sun. I was able to play 45 minutes of tennis at 4pm (day off) and that was all i could take.

New  4.3", 5.1",  6.7"  azelea pots. The 4.3" is perfect for starting out canes and small rhizomes. It'll will keep them nice and tight. I'm going to plant b. "Little Red" in the 5.1" again, a  perfect fit.

When I started the garden there was no water on the terrace, so i went to Home Depot and got a sink-hose adapter. I bought 2 25' sections of hose and I'm set. I'm able to water, rinse the leaves from above and clean the deck. The adapter cost less than $2 -- it's a life saver.

Restocked on my potting soil (miracle gro with moisture control).

Used systemic insecticide on the magenta bougainvillea and the smaller pinkish white shrub bougie in the iron stand I'm tired of seeing bare branches, leaves half eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment