Thursday, April 14, 2011

W x NW

Ocean air picking up, humid but slightly cool (S FL cool). There is some cloud cover. Not hot enough to warrant a daily soak, but washing off the briny important.


Reading E. Perenyi  "Green Thoughts"  during lunch at work. Her writing is unpretensious and she unashamadely shares her mistakes as well as the triumphs that come from them. Many times I feel I am a bad gardener when a plant dies in my care. b. "My Good Friend" which i wrote about last week is pretty much dead. There is a piece of a rhizome with slightly stiff stems but she ain't gonna make it. 


'My Good Friend'  got watered at most x2 a week, yet the soil was wet clay. The days started getting warm when she began her spiral downward, it may have been a function of the heat, too much sun? Maybe just not a plant for the terrace, which is what this blog is about.

Don't panic is the motto to adopt. I saw someone knitting today. It's probably a good side hobby, sit in the garden and knit, and wait and enjoy and learn.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry little one. B. My Good Friend was loved by her caretaker, which is all she could hope for. Probably too sunny for a begonia that was raised in shade.

    ReplyDelete